I want to give a warm welcome to all new subscribers. :)
This week I have some great fresh links for your inspiration and work. Have fun with issue N° 7!
Tips of the Day
- Change your fucking routine. You might also want to listen to episode 31 of unfinishedbiz podcast with Harry Roberts who is talking about exactly this topic.
- And have you seen the amazing art by a 98yr old who's drawing with MS Paint? Here's a teaser-video.
News / Misc
- Daniel Mall about prequalifying clients, what to ask and what signs might indicate problems with clients. A very interesting read to improve the client-me situation.
- See what cool webplatform features are currently in development at Chromium and will be supported soon in the Chromium Dashboard.
- WebKit now supports the W3C/RICG srcset specification, available in WebKit Nightly.
- Shopify now offers a (sadly US-only) direct Shopify payment option for its customers. Hope this will be available soon for Europe (+Germany), too.
- Opera now offers the Opera Developer channel which is a very often updated browser-channel similar to Chrome's Canary or Firefox Aurora.
- Need to convert excel data into a web friendly format? Mr Data to the help you can do with the online tool and get a JSON or XML output.
- Sometimes I wonder if we're overtooling – just look at this interesting but massive slidedeck about Tooling for Web Developers.
- Brad Frost shares his presentation screens under Creative Commons license. Maybe you will use it at your next client presentation?
- On CSS-Tricks a little open discussion about how to deal with vertical bottom space provides an interesting read for you how to code modules and what is the best approach to do so.
- The Sass-way writes about modular CSS and why giving up on nested selectors in Sass might sometimes make more sense.
- Besides the super-useful Sass-Mixins there is now a repository giving you this mixins for Less. Great!
- Pushy is a small responsive off-canvas navigation menu using CSS transforms & transitions.
- Scott Kellum says that Designers should know their Medium. Otherwise it can't work. True words.
- November, 4-6th – Join the Play & Make 2013 in Düsseldorf, Germany by my friend Marc. It sound like this is the real "look beyond the tellerrand" conference with so great and inspirational creative speakers and you don't want to miss out.
- September 13th – Go to the CSSConf EU 2013 in Berlin, Germany with great speakers and topics.
- August 28th – Improve the documentation of web technologies at the WPDS in Zurich, Switzerland.
- September 19-20th – Meet the Frontend Brothers at FromTheFront 2013 in Bologna, Italy.
Quite a list this week, right? And this while we have only wednesday means I am one day ahead of schedule. But this is how our industry works: One week we have nearly nothing to talk about and the other week it's super hard to catch up with all the news going around.
Have a nice weekend!