- iOS 11.3 is available to the public now and as already announced, this release brings support for Progressive Web Apps to iOS. Maximiliano Firtman now shares what this means, what works and what doesn’t work (yet).
- Jeremy Wagner shares the best practices on how to build a lazy loading mechanism for images and videos. This resource is definitely not the quickest solution but instead shares how to build the best experience and performance based on the latest technologies available in browsers.
- The React.js documentation now has an extra section that explains how to easily and programmatically manage focus states to ensure your UI is accessible.
- Ana Tudor is known for her special CSS skills. Now she explores and describes how we can achieve scooped corners in CSS with some clever tricks.
- Fred Pearce wrote about how we can make the world’s largest data centers more efficient. If you wonder why this would be a desired goal, it’s important to know that these data centers by now are responsible for 3% of the overall global CO2 emissions — as much as the airline industry.