- Chrome 70 is now in beta and brings shape detection as an origin trial that allows us to perform QR code reading, face detection or text recognition in images. The Web Authentication API got some updates,
<script>elements. This version will also deprecate Custom Elements v0, HTML Imports, and Shadow DOM v0.
- The upcoming PostgreSQL 11 has some interesting performance improvements and Dimitri Fontaine shares what difference they can make.
- Eric Bailey on the importance of manual testing for accessibility of websites while automated testing can help you finding the basic, generic issues.
- I love the concept of doodling and while I do it only irregularly, it always fascinates me. Doodle Addicts is a platform that collects doodles from people all around the world and is a nice gallery to get inspiration from.
- Jonny Brooks-Bartlett wrote an interesting article on why so many data scientists are leaving their jobs. The job inititially sounds quite interesting and like a good bet these days. But most of the times, expectations don’t match reality, politics and ethical decisions are extremely difficult and sometimes you can’t just do what you think but need to do what your employer expects from you. A challenge that not everyone wants to do for a long time.