while the world enjoys the soccer world cup I’m writing this list. To ensure you get all upcoming issues, too, please add
firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts or whitelist the address.
Here’s the list of all the cool articles that fascinate me this week:
- Chrome 37 ships with an improved offline behavior, displaying you an offline cached version of a website if you re-visit it and will re-load to the lastest online version if you’re back online.
- PageRes, the screenshot capturing tool by Sindre Sorhus has been version-bumped to 0.3.0, now accepting argument grouping and re-adding
- This week Prezi, the amazing interactive online presentation, upgraded its player to HTML5 finally.
- Google Chrome will adapt to all other browsers and in near future won’t serve additionally requested sources via scripts in mixed contexts anymore.
max-font-sizewill most probably become a new webstandard, according to the W3C minutes telecon of this week.
- A draft of all the emoji data we have in and as unicode characters. It contains previews of the icon on different OS, the name, and which unicode version it belongs to.
- Fantasy is it. Robin Berjon imagined what the Web could be in 10 years. This is an interesting read although highly speculative.
- Why it is so important for designers to extend their knowledge: Responsive Design is not enough, you need to think more and more interactively if you develop a web experience and think about motion, transitions and animations.
- grunt-phantomas got an update and now includes Assertions, and more detailed reports.
- You think Assetgraph is just another build tool? Wrong, here’s the authors explanation on it and how to get started with Assetgraph.
HTML / SVG
- Sara Soueidan about crafting your own SVG files and what you should know about Structuring, Grouping, and Referencing in SVG – The
- Chris Coyier tells us why you opt for
<symbol>when you create SVG icons.
- An origami penguin built in CSS.
- A small and easy experiment by Harry Roberts showing how to achieve equal-width columns in a table with
- How to adapt your typography of paragraphs on your site not being a designer. This screencast shows you how it works.
- “When one’s expectations are reduced to zero, one really appreciates everything one does have.”
- Have you ever lived in a foreign city? In a foreign country? Try it, and look at the world through someone else’s eyes. And then make the world better, because then you’ll know how.
- It is important that we get paid for what we do but sometimes we just should be nice and pay it forward to other people…
- Do It Yourself.
To support this project, Flattr or gratipay me or share this resource with other people. It’s available via E-Mail, RSS and online.
Thanks and all the best,