After a week of silence due to the lack of content I am back now with a great list of frontend weblinks. Angry? You might profit from a Zen! (Refresh!)
- Mozilla is rocking the house. They've built an experimental implementation into Firefox Nightly to play Flash (swf) through HTML5 without Flash Player. It's called Shumway and looks pretty cool. Although I have not tested this very much it is a cool thing, although it also seems to consume some CPU power ;)
- Chromium (means Chrome and Opera) will soon support the CSS property `object-fit` and `object-position` which is a pretty cool thing for responsive layouts because it's like `background-size: cover|contain` in CSS backgrounds but for foreground elements. Also, Chrome (Chromium does already) will very soon support CSS Pretty Printing in DevTools which allows you to read code in minified files.
- Development is Design says Brad Frost and explains why it is so important to let Designers and Developers work together.
- Get started with Scalable Vector Graphics. Wether you are designer or developer, read this article and both will learn something.
- You need a cool calendar design for your website? Here are a bunch of, listed on Codepen.
- User Experiences that you should avoid on your mobile layout.
RWD & Web Performance
- Still searching for good tools to optimize your images? Addy Osmani wrote a big list with good advices for all listed tools.
- Avoid spinners and optimize the perceived performance.
- Believe it or not: Rotating didn't fix it.
- SourceJS is a frontend source code documentation engine.
- Spy-JS makes tracing simple.
- Layout Thrashing is bad and we can fix that tells Wilson Page.
- An unobstrusive way to notice users of old browsers if you have a web app not supporting them.
- If you listen to touchend events, also listen to touchcancel.
- Dploy.io – a tool to automate your deployment. Cool thing, easy, looks fresh and the best: It's free for Open Source projects. Beanstalk, you rock!
- If you feel like you have the slightest doubt in you that you're not doing what you want to do, then I urge you to do one thing: make a change.
- The Minimum Viable Lifestyle says: Don't work over 12hrs, make a 12hrs rest between your working days, don't over-eat.
Have a great week (and if you are at Fronteers Conference, please enjoy it — I'm a bit sad that I can't attend this year)!