this week I’ll go straight to the links I found, I simply didn’t came up with a good introduction piece this week which is probably due to the hectic week. Anyways, the articles in this edition are very useful, have new insights and great thoughts.
- Chrome 72 for Android shipped the long-awaited Trusted Web Activity feature, which means we can now distribute PWAs in the Google Play Store.
- Max Böck on why it’s good to use the greatest developer tools but simplicity is the most valuable and important thing in projects.
- What makes the difference between a good digital product and a great digital product? Two letters: UX. User Experience Design. But there’s a fundamental problem with that. Johannes Ippen on why we should see humans, not users.
HTML & SVG
- Sara Soueidan wrote a 101 course on SVG Filters to help you understand what they are and show you how to use them to create your own visual effects.
- Rob Dodson with a great summary on how to build better accessibility primitives.
- Intersection Observer landed in WebKit and the team wrote a nice tutorial for it.
- Rik Schennink on applying styles based on the user scroll position with smart CSS.
- Wow, this is really incredible how Fabricius Seifert created this Solar System 3D animation in pure CSS, even with controls for it. A nice experiment that shows how capable CSS is.
- “It must be free”—On services we obviously don’t need but still wanna have. My essay about the importance of seeing value in the things we really need and why it’s so easy to want more things but less is really more.
- Eric Barker sums up some conclusions on how we can make our life better by maintaining essential relationships, avoiding technology, and values instead of lifehacks.